Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Celebrating 7 Years Together!

Today my hubby and I celebrate 7 great years of marriage! We like any couple have had our "for better/for worse, for richer/for poorer, in sickness/in health" moments. But  the good FAR outweighs the bad. I'd do it all again. I didn't wait 10 years for him to let him get away from me. You can read about that 10-year wait  in my post "Our Story", I can't imagine life without him either. Oh I'd be lying if I said he didn't get on my nerves from time to time. Which reminds of a funny line a dear friend, said once (or maybe 2 or 3 times lol).

On one obviously frustrating day upon arriving at the office, she had remarked that she could have killed her husband dead and buried him under the house! She is the closest thing to a Proverbs 31 woman as I've ever seen but it was just one of those days, that we all have.

I do have to brag on my hubby a little though. He makes my coffee every morning, AND brings it to me. A morning person, I am NOT. So he let's me slowly "come around" while he's fixing coffee, then brings it to me in the living room. He even gets my vitamins out sometimes and hands them to me (unless I've beaten him to that while he's making coffee). When I come home from work, he has a bottle of water in the freezer for me, because he knows I like it very cold and icy. It's a small luxury for me since I don't drink pop (soda). On his "good days" (I'll have to tell you about the good and bad days another time) he does so much more too, cook, laundry, clean the bathroom (yes, scrubbing the toilet too!).

So here's to another 7++++++ years together!




7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your comment! I have been considering weight loss surgery as I have 200 pounds to lose if I want to get down to my some-skinny-white-guy-who-never-had-a-weight-problem-but-defines-what-a-person's-ideal-weight-should-be "appropriate" BMI. LOL

    I really think surgery is probably going to be my best option and I really just need to bite the bullet and start the process. Did you have banding or the full bypass surgery?

    Happy Anniversary and I'm so happy you're following along! Maybe we can motivate each other!!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following and for the Anniversary wishes. I'd welcome any encouragement and happy to do the same. Please feel free to ask any questions you have about the Bypass surgery I had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! happy 7! You're over that 'itching ' period, lol.
    over from follow friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Friday follow, I like your, I made a wish and you were there. It reminds me of a woman I met before I met my husband. She told me she was praying for the man who would be her husband, even though she didn't know who he was yet. I started praying for the man who would be my husband. I met him the next day.
    XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! Hubs and I are coming up on our 7th, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 7th anniversary. What a wonderful celebration for you two! Thanks for stopping by my blog for Follow Friday! I'm your 39th follower! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww I hope you had a great anniversary! Your husband sounds like a keeper to me!
    Popping in from Shell's blog...

    ReplyDelete