Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Haircut

I've had LONG and naturally CURLY hair all my life! We're talking 42 years here. About a year ago I relented and let my stylist straighten it. I loved it! Felt and looked better and stayed 'fixed' for 2 or 3 days longer. Here is a before and after then...


very curly in 2005




straight and smooth in 2009 (May)

Straightening it at this length took a while and I always had to rest my arms half way through!
And I couldn't keep it pulled back because Abby thinks all scrunchies in the house belong to her,
and she would take them out of my hair to play with. Yes... even at night while I slept!

So I decided I needed another change.
Today I went to my stylist and put myself in her hands.
I just gave her basic requests, shoulder-length, cute straight style that
wouldn't take me forever to straighten myself and easy to take care of.
Here is what I ended up with today...




 
 




I love the light weight feeling and it even looks TONS healthier.
Jess (my stylist) has curly hair that she straightens too
so I know she understands the challenges.
She's awesome and the only person I like doing my hair!
Thanks Jess!!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Transformations galore!

    I popped over from...now I can't remember where, lol. Oh, the Schultz's! (duh). Nice cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it!!! It frames your face very well!!!!



    I am following thanks to Friday Follow!!! Sorry I am late/ or early!!!!



    sarahsblogoffun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, I feel your pain about curly hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's a change... it looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I LOOOOOOOOOOVE your new cut. Just gorgeous! And I just got home with mine and I love, love, love it. I can't even put it in a pony tail and it was to the middle of my back.. Can you believe it???? Love your blog...it is just darling. Thank you so much for your lovely, kind comment. You are so incredibly sweet.

    ReplyDelete