Monday, March 22, 2010

There's a Troll In The Closet?

Here's a story for you... TRUE STORY!

I've never heard one quite like this before and it's been the source of much laughter at the office today. No, not just by the 40-something females with hot flashes and prescription meds.

Our Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) shared this one with us today at the office. A nurse friend of hers, who works at a local hospital, has a mentally challenged son (we'll call him CB) I'm not sure of his age, I'm just guessing young adult as he is obviously able to be left alone with limited supervision.

CB's mother left for work, expecting the caregiver to arrive and assist CB with fixing something to eat while mom was at work for the evening. After being gone to work for a bit, CB's mother called home to check on him. Following is the conversation between CB and Mom when she called home...

Mom: CB, did the caregiver show up?

CB: No mom.

Mom: Are you doing okay CB?

CB: Yes mom.

Mom: Did you get something to eat?

CB: No mom, but I caught a troll and locked him in the closet.

Mom: You... locked... a troll in the closest?

CB: Yes mom. But it's okay, I fed and watered him.

Mom: You... fed and watered a troll that is locked in the closet???

CB: Yes mom.

Mom: I'll be home in a few minutes.

'Mom' feels like something isn't quite right and felt she should check the situation out. She asks the supervisor, since she had several hours left on her shift, if she could run home and check on CB.

Upon arriving at home, mom asks CB again. "So you have a troll locked in the closet?" CB and mom walked to the closet and upon opening the door mom sees a MIDGET... wrapped in a SHEET... in the closet.

YES... a real, live midget! A US Census worker who'd stopped by the house, after Mom left for work. The "troll" informed Mom, after being released from the sheet he was wrapped in, that CB had thrown Skittles at him and gave him a bowl of water.



Mom had to calm a rather belligerent "troll" and explain to him that her son had never seen a Little Person before and HAD heard stories of trolls. :)


10 comments:

  1. what a CUTE and funny story!!!!!! still giggling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaa oh man! I feel bad for all parties involved, but that doesn't mean I didn't chuckle. a lot.

    Thanks for making me smile today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a day the little man won't soon forget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so stinkin funny! My husband is going to love this story!! ;) Thanks for the giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Crap! You have got to be kidding me! Now that is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. roflmbo oh oh oh i laughed so hard at that my sides hurt.. THAT is priceless..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness - now that is hysterical!!!!! I couldn't imagine being the mom and actually finding a person in the closet - I would have assumed it was all imaginary. How funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG that is one of those stories that you laugh at and know that you shouldn't. But c'mon! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

    Oh that poor person!!!!!!!!!!!

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LMAO!!! That is priceless!!! Oh gosh, can you just imagine??

    ReplyDelete
  10. That may be the funniest thing I have ever heard. I'm still laughing.

    ReplyDelete