Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Gratitude with Attitude

Instead of my Post It Note Tuesday, I'm doing the Gratitude with Attitude this Tuesday... cause sometimes you need more than a post it to say what you wanna say.


Dear Semi Driver,

Thank you so much for speeding around me this morning as I moved slower in the completely snow covered right hand land on the way to work, and throwing all that DIRTY snow up onto my windshield with your tires. I appreciate you reminding me of the potential danger by covering my entire windshield sot hat I had to come to a complete stop until I had it cleaned off again. I thought though, that I was moving cautiously as it was.

Sincerely,
The SENSIBLE woman driver.


Dear Mr Groundhog,

I know that I said your weather report was fine with me, but seriously... I was only KIDDING when I said I had nothing at all planned for Spring anyway. I don in fact have to get out to work and shop for groceries, and pouring all this snow onto us really isn't helping out with that.

Love,
The Warm Weather Watcher


Dear Beanie,

Thanks for not hacking up your hairball last night in the heavy traffic area in the living room and kitchen. But is it too much to ask that you do that in the utility room close to your litter box where we clean up regularly anyway? Or was it some kind of sick "hide and watch" game for you to leave that massive mucous hair ball right in the middle of my scrap room where my freshly laundered socks could step in and clean that up for you and dry heave the entire time I was cleaning it uip?

Love,
Your Grossed Out Mama


Dear Supervisor,

That was so great of you to text me this morning with allt he rough snow-covered roads and fall sleet to tell me to stay home because the office was closing early anyway. And if you'd done that just 10 minutes earlier, BEFORE I risked life and limb... creeping slowly across a slick bridge and dodging rude semi-truck drivers (see memo #1)... I wouldn't have been able to pick up that nice hot McDonald's breakfast for my hubby and son.

Thanks so much,
The cold, red-nosed Team Coordinator



Below are just a few pictures of my Snow Day today. We went from Snow to sleet, then back to a much heavier, wet snow.

 
Don't ask me what happened to that date thing. Somehow
the dates are 1 day off on all these but the last one. Weird!




 

  

 
I live just 2 miles from the bridge in the top picture.
By the time I'd driven that distance home, we went 
from sleet to this very heavy wet snow.

16 comments:

  1. lol, wow we have had our share of snow and thankfully now its just a small flurry now and again, wow look at your car heheh mines has been like that a few times this year, great post great pics xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ICK!!! I am so desiring spring! You make me giggle and i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a great blog! Thanks for leaving a comment on mine. I love finding new blog friends. Yours is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love snow! ;) I love snow covered anything... almost! ;) thanks for sharing... we apparently don't 'get' snow this year in WA!?!
    Just Jenn~ your new follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hun, up here, that ain't nothing!!! :-) Hope you get unburied soon!

    Following you from FF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your notes!!! Out cat makes sure to throw up right in front of our kitchen door.... every time!

    I am following you from the Friday Follow. I can't wait to read more :-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. We even have snow in TEXAS!

    I'm here from Friday Follow! I'm glad to have found your blog! Following you now. Hope you'll follow me back! :)

    Shannon at:http://www.milkandcuddles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the notes. And what a change from sleet to have snow. I am now following you from Friday Follow. Happy Friday Follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Friday Follow! Found you on there list. Following you. Stop by me if you get the time. Don't forget to enter my contest, "NAME THAT BAND"! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the attitude.

    New Friday Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your attitude! Glad to have you part of the fun of Friday Follow. Rita @ http://one2try.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so hear you with the groundhog! Love your posts! I am now a follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these! LOL

    BTW, I've given you a blog award. Check out my post http://theflounderingsahm.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. THANK YOU for sharing those pictures! You don't know how I'd love to have the opportunity to sneak back home, drive around and see the old home place. Glad you weren't hurt when that semi splatted you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just read your fantastic post here. It seems like we share the attitude that "Gratitude is good for you." Grateful Nation is an online community that gives grateful people like you the opportunity & resources to connect, give back, and be thankful. Follow GN or jump into the unending cycle of gratitude here at Grateful Nation Thank you & stay warm, Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pics and the thank yous!

    ReplyDelete