Friday, September 10, 2010

Renewing Friendships!

It's been a busy, rushed, hectic week but came to a perfect end. I worked an hour over yesterday and used that time today for an extended lunch break with a wonderful high school friend! I've seen Teresa here and there since graduating high school... in 1986! But not near enough! You know how it goes... great friends through high school, then after graduation it's college and/or working, marriage, kids and life gets busier and busier with each year that passes. 



It was so good to spend time with her. We got to catch up on each other as well as what our families are up to. Funny we found even more in common with family dynamics than I ever thought before! But it was like time stood still all these years. 

The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.  ~Elisabeth Foley

Teresa and I decided today at lunch that we should make this a new habit... lunch together at least once a week. There were supposed to be three of us but our friend Tammy couldn't make it. I haven't seen Tammy at all since graduating high school. So we're going for lunch again next Friday and I'm hoping to have a group photo of us to post then.


In less in exciting news... 

  • I'm back in school. (Have I mentioned that yet? I'm getting so forgetful!) Two interesting classes, Psychology and Business Math.
  • I'm 3 weeks into a 6-week schedule (3Xweek) of physical therapy for back pain. I'm not sure I'm going to finish the last 3 weeks though. Life is so busy! I'm not feeling worse, but in all honesty I'm not feeling better for it either. Not to mention the scheduling issues coming up now trying to juggle work, school, and the 'home life' too (i.e. cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.) Three days a week leaving work early to go to PT, then pile on errands on the way home to get a quick dinner through then schoolwork. I'm getting tired just thinking about it! :)
  • Work is crazy busy too and the holiday on Monday left me a day short getting the work done that keeps pouring in. 
So tonight I'm hoping to sleep good. Tomorrow I'm looking forward to a relaxing afternoon at a friend's house for a short bit then taking my mom to a Stampin' Up! Card Party.

What is your weekend looking like? =)

3 comments:

  1. What a treat to connect with old friends! I hope you have a great weekend!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diana! It's been a while. Your phrase 'crazy busy' is how my life has been. I haven't been good at catching up at blog reading!
    Your lunch sounded fun. Isn't it great being with old friends like that? I hope you guys make it a weekly thing. Fun and refreshing.
    Sorry your back hasn't gotten better with the therapy. I'm sure that's frustrating.
    Have a fun, relaxing Saturday. My business just extended into the weekend with some meetings, but we do have a special concert tomorrow night at church with Israel Houghton (and New Breed). Do you know of them? Amazing music and worship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Just dropping by to give you this blogging award!

    You can pick it up here: http://synnicity.blogspot.com/2010/09/blogging-award.html

    Best wishes, good Karma & Godbless---ELMDyck <3

    ReplyDelete