Thursday, September 30, 2010

After The Last Tear Falls

I was introduced to a great new singer/songwriter this evening. Have you ever heard of Andrew Peterson? Well I hadn't. My aunt Sharon shared a video on Facebook. The song was a wonderful tribute to marriage... all the ups and downs but the wonderful joys that make it all worth it. The song is Dancing In The Minefields. You know me, "the big sap"... I got a little teary-eyed as usual.

Why is it that every time I click on a link that takes me to YouTube that I find myself seeing what else is there by a particular artist, comedian, etc.? So I searched to see what else I could find by Andrew. You need to check him out too. He has a beautifully gifted voice and I'm so glad to have found out about him... Thanks to Sharon and Eric for introducing me to him. :)


One of the videos I found of Andrew's is "After The Last Tear Falls". Yes, again I cried. It reminded me of this passage... 


You keep track of all my sorrows
You have collected all my tears in your bottle
You have recorded each one in your book
~Psalms 56:8 (NLT)




The tears you and I shed are not ignored. God sees every one... those in public or in private. He shares our sorrows. Have you fought with a friend or loved one? Lost someone you love? Maybe things aren't going well at your job... or you have a child who breaks your heart when you see them making all the wrong decisions. You are not alone. God sees your tears and records each one. He sees your hurt. And He's standing there, ready to wipe them away, hold you and to love you. His Love is always there waiting for you to accept and to heal your heart.


I hope you will watch this video and take comfort in His abiding love that is there after the tears.








2 comments:

  1. I will be sure to check it out! i get teary eyed just thinking about something that might make me teary-eyed! I'm a big SAP!!! Have a beautiful, blessed week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so encouraging! I needed this reminder. hugs and thanks friend.

    ReplyDelete