Sunday, August 29, 2010

End of Summer, Reunions and Rehab

It has been a busy, busy week for me! I have had to family reunions in the last week, started outpatient physical therapy, had a Scentsy party and attended a 31 party. Oh... and school starts back in session tomorrow for me. I need a vacation!


Last weekend was our Lyons Family Reunion. It was a great turnout and a huge auction success! Here are a couple of photos of our "clan". 


A collection of my Granny Lyons (pictured here) children and their spouses.

I think a few got away from us but this was the most of the crowd at the reunion . It was great to see some faces that I hadn't got to see there for a few years!

I had another reunion yesterday in Chillicothe, Ohio. This was the Bell Family (my mother's side). I was running late and forgot my camera when I left the house but there were several people taking pictures and I'm waiting to get some of those in my inbox to share with you.

I started outpatient physical therapy last week for my back. I have issues just gradually getting worse over time and I need to try to improve things and avoid surgery later down the road. I had a fall on icy steps in 2003 that left some parting gifts of damage for me. Combine that with Degenerative Disc Disease and a little bit of arthritis setting in and I have some rough days sometimes. So 3 visits a week for 6 weeks and they say they can have me moving and bending in ways I can't now. Can't wait to see the pull that off. I have a great friend who is a wonderful physical therapist but I can't work it out to see him. :( John is the best! His office is about a 30 minute drive away but since I have to leave from work and get straight to therapy, I can't get to John's that many days a week with at least a 45 minute drive from my office. :( Stinks having to "settle" for second best (but still good therapy though).

I can tell it's the end of summer. My college classes resume tomorrow. This semester is Business Math and Psychology. I'm excited to get started again but I'm sure in a few short weeks I'll be counting the days for my short fall break again, as usual. :)
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Summer is pretty much over around here.... everything is busy, busy, busy! I'm glad you got to squeeze one more weekend out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of family!!!

    Let me know how the PT goes. My back and I hate each other most days and I'd love to know there are options besides surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diana-- what fun family time!!! Have fun going back to school...I hope math is more fun for you than it ever was for me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! Just saw your tweet and it reminded me that I haven't been by in forevah!

    Wow! Big family. Sounds like everyone had a great time. I don't know what it is, but a granny in a moo moo is so stinkin' cute!

    Hope the PT gets you all fixed up. :)

    ReplyDelete