Thursday, August 5, 2010

Random Thursday & Prize Sign

Things have been a little crazy around here. Sorry I've been MIA. Just a few things to share...




Remember the stray, pregnant cat from my front porch I mentioned in Post It Note Tuesday? She was determined to make our house, her home. Since I couldn't find a good home for her, a good friend of mine (though not a huge animal lover herself) had her fixed so at least the worry of more babies on my front porch would be gone. When the appointment was set up for the spay date, they asked for the cats name, breed, color and gender. All that was easy except the name. She had no name, being a stray and all. So this cute little girl was name Shadow in a split second of conversation. 




The vet's office also attaches the owner/parents last name to the pet as well. So it was a riot to see my friend's eyes roll as they call over the intercom "Shadow Eichenlaub for dismall". She's spayed, recovered and doing great. I'm not in hurry now to find her a home, and she's even growing on me now. So the joke in our family is we are foster parents for Shadow Eichenlaub.






We've had some crazy storms here today. My friend Lori's house had a tree fall on it today. Besides physical damage to the house, the tree hit and pulled off the electric box on the side of the house, ripping out her whole wiring circuit and leaving a hot electric line on the ground. Her children where home (she was at work with me) but thankfully no one was hurt. If you don't mind, a prayer would be great for her and this costly repair project. Did I mention she's a single mother of 3 and also has a grandbaby added to the mix too. She could use a prayer or two. Thanks!


There has been a lot of late working nights trying to get things caught up at work. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully our office will reach that light by the first of next week!


I also had to take my Abby to the vet a few days ago, due to impacted anal glands. I will spare you the ugly details here but feel free to Google it if you are curious. If you ever watch Dirty Jobs with Mike Roe, you probably know about the process to empty those glands. =)  She was pretty miserable and is doing just great now!


I also have to show off my great sign I WON from Stephanie S. @ A Day in the Life of a Grad Student's Wife. With everything going on here I haven't had time to take my own pic but here is the photo I borrowed from Stephanie's giveaway post.




It's gonna look GREAT in my new cubicle at work when we move to our new office. Since our "colors" (our logo, scrubs we wear, etc) are Brown & Teal! =)


Please go visit Stephanie's Blog and click on her Etsy Shoppe too for some more great handmade signs. I have another one or two I'm planning on getting my hands on. Thanks Steph. I LOVE IT!

6 comments:

  1. I love random posts :o) I love the name Shadow. I'm sorry to hear about Abby. Glad she is all better now. We've had some major storms around here too - with some crazy, crazy wind, hail and rain! I'm glad to hear the kids weren't hurt at your friends house. They were protected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I'm in love with the kitty!!! And I'm so glad you like the sign so much! Thanks for a of the kind words... Means a lot to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the pretty foster cat! And that sign is gorgeous. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shadow is a real beauty! Hope Abby stays well. Love the sign, too. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shadow is so pretty! I always start laughing at the vet's office because they say our dogs full name and then put our last name at the end. It's really cute though, lol.

    I am new to your blog and following you. I would love if you stopped by my blog and followed me.

    Blessings,
    Maggie
    www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Dirty Jobs - and yes I've seen that episode.. yuk!

    Cute sign!

    ReplyDelete