Sunday, July 25, 2010

Getting To Know You Sunday

This is the first post in the last week for me. Sorry to leave you hanging. There's been a lot of overtime lately to keep caught up after we were suddenly down a co-worker (who just decided not to come back after taking a few vacation days). But things are getting back to normal around here so I'm going to jump in again with Getting To Know You Sunday over @ Keely's place.


Here are this week's questions....


1. Thong or Granny Panties?


Ummm how about neither? Thong definitely not. I don't like the feeling. Granny Panties? Well... they are just the opposite and creep up over the waistband of my clothes so they are our. I like a happy medium, something like bikini briefs that cover enough to stay out of places I don't want them to go.


2. If you see a guy with his fly down, do you tell him?

Only if I know him really well. I couldn't even admit to a total stranger that my eyes went down that far. =)


3. Spanx or no Spanx?

Once again I had to Google this. I had no clue what Spanx was. I'm so out of the loop. But no, I don't do Spanx. =)




4. Do you sleep in your sheets?

As in between the fitted (bottom) and flat (top) sheet? Yeah, I do. I get cold easy. (I think we covered that in last week's GTKY Sunday post.) So, since I can't stand actually wearing very much on my body, I (we) use the top/flat sheet and a light cotton quilt/blanket.




5. What is your favorite Disney character?

There hasn't been much Disney in our house for quite a few years. So I'm sure there are some characters out there I've not even heard of. But my old favorites are the princesses (Cinderella, Snow White) and of course Pooh! I still have a set of Winnie The Pooh playing cards (that I only let be used ONCE) in their storage tin tucked away. I forgot about those. I guess it's time to clean out the closet in the spare bedroom huh? =)




6. Dream vacation spot?

I have always wanted to go stay in a cabin in the mountains of Colorado somewhere with nothing but the blue sky above and a view of a big lake out front. Actually I wouldn't mind living in a place like that.




7. What is your dream job?

Well... If I ever win the lottery (which I won't, since I don't play Ha!) I would love to open a combo family business. I want a restaurant/gift shop combo. If you've eaten at Cracker Barrel you get the idea. But I don't want a huge chain, just a 'home-cooked meal' place and through and adjoining door you come to a Primitive/Country decor store. I would also add a scrapbooking supplies corner and do some schedule classes. Hmmm I need to start playing the lottery... or find some investors! =)



8. Who is your hero and why?

My mother actually. She has taught me SO MUCH! Her love for God and family and her humbleness. She is kind to all, even the annoying people she doesn't like but would never let them see how she felt. 




It's your turn now. Go visit Keely and link up to play along too!

4 comments:

  1. Fun answers! Hope you have a great Sunday ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally with ya on the thong thing!

    Mom sounds like the perfect hero!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I particularly agree with you on #6. Sounds divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems that far too often that I have boys every year in my class who come back from the bathroom with a downed zipper. When I do notice, I always let them quietly know. It's hysterical to watch the expression on their faces as they try to be very secretive and zip up.

    ReplyDelete