Sunday, September 27, 2009

Quilt Festival

This past weekend was the South Shore Quilt Festival. I didn't venture out Friday evening after work or even on Saturday because of the rain. But today me, mom and Amber decided to stroll through the streets and see what the crafters had for sale. I LOVE Fall. The beautiful foliage. An artist could never paint the beauty I see in the hills around our small town. 



We viewed all the quilts on display. There are some wonderful quilters here that are not recognized for their work nearly enough. It was hard to choose a favorite but I took a couple of pictures of the two that really caught my eye the most. This is definitely a craft I'd love to get into. Not that I have the spare time now for something else... work, school, wife, mother. The demands of all I do now keep me busier than one person should be.



 

It's amazing to me that I can find such beauty in a period of endings... leaves are turning color as they are dying, autumn ushers in cooler air and announces the end of the hot summer days. God chose to create the most beautiful of nature's paintings in this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment